Boiled eggs potato
Grilled eggplant and bell peppers are often on the menu during my winter stays in Turkey, where vegetables are typically cooked on a coal grill in the garden in the evening.
3 large Potatoes *about 600g
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
4 Eggs *softly boiled, and sliced
100-150 g Salami *thinly sliced
Butter OR Oil to grease the baking dish
Salt & Pepper
200 ml Sour Cream
1-2 tablespoons Milk *optional
1 cup shredded Tasty Cheese *OR Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
3 oz. butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a baking dish with a small amount of Butter OR Oil.
- If the Sour Cream you use is very thick, mix with 1 to 2 tablespoons Milk to loosen.
- Evenly arrange sliced 1 Potato in the prepared baking dish. Scatter 1/2 of the Onion slices, and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Arrange sliced 2 boiled Eggs and 1/2 of Salami slices. Drizzle 1/2 of the Sour Cream & Milk mixture over. Repeat.
- Cover with sliced 1 Potato, sprinkle with Salt & Pepper, and gently press down into the dish. Cover with a lid or aluminium foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, scatter the shredded Tasty Cheese over, and bake for further 30 minutes or until Potatoes are cooked and top is golden.
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped Parsley and serve.