The breakfast fave known as the Western omelet
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup onions, small diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, small diced
1/2 cup ham, cooked and diced
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk and eggs until frothy.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add half of the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring until translucent. Add half of the ham and cook for one more minute, stirring.
- Add another piece of butter and swirl around pan to melt. Add half of the beaten eggs, and swirl around pan to form a large circle.
- Turn heat to medium low and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes, check that your edges are not browning, if so remove the pan from the heat and lower the heat. Once the eggs are solid and cooked almost through, flip the entire circle and cook for one more minute.
- Roll or fold the omelet onto a plate and serve. Repeat the above steps for the second omelet.